Sunday, June 26, 2011

NEW SOUP RECIPE! :D

Here's a quick and yummy soup recipe that I found online, my recipe below is a variation of the recipe that can be found here.

I am running out of things like meat and veggies which is what I live on so this soup has some interesting things in it haha. Looks like I need to go to the store!

Mandy's Noodle, Chicken, and Veggie Soup
  • 1 tablespoon oil (olive or vegetable, I'm using olive)
  • 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine, which I'm using)
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts, chopped (I only have one! =[ )
  • 1/2 or 1 cup of celery, thinly sliced (or two small stalks)
  • 1/2 cup fresh or canned mushrooms (drain it!)
  • 4 cups homemade chicken broth (made with bouillon cubes)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 green beans (the other recipe calls for carrots, but those are too high in carbs)
  • A pinch of dried parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Salt (you pick how much)
  • And egg noodles! (recipe is below!)
Directions:
Heat the oil and butter in a medium or large saucepan over medium heat. Add your chicken and cook thoroughly. Add the celery, mushrooms, and onions. Cook and stir until the vegetables are crisp and tender! Add the broth, water, green beans, parsley, pepper, and the salt. Simmer, not covered, for 15 to 20 minutes. Add your awesome egg noodles and simmer for a few more minutes until heated all the way through!

Once again this a variation of the recipe that I found here



Egg Noodles:
3 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream (I made my own using a substitution recipe found here)
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper

Egg Noodle directions:
"Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour 3 tablespoons of egg mixture into a hot buttered 7-8" skillet and swirl around until the mixture coats the bottom of the pan. Cook until the eggs are set but not browned. Flip and lightly cook on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 crepes. Cut the crepes into strips resembling flat noodles." (Direct quote from this webpage )

This recipe has about 2 net carbs :) Serving size is 1 cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment