Monday, June 27, 2011

Mandy's Low Carb Quiche :)

I decided to make a quiche this afternoon because they store well and I can eat it over a period of a few days, since I am the only one in my house low carbing :) Here it is:

Mandy's Low Carb Quiche

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 tbs. butter or margarine,
  • One package of frozen spinach (10 oz.), thawed in microwave & drained
  • 5 to 6 eggs (use more if you need to, it won't hurt)
  • 1 1/2 cups of cheese of your choice
  • Salt, Onion powder, and pepper to taste
Directions: Put the butter in a medium size pan and saute on medium heat. When onions become translucent, turn down to medium-low and add spinach. Put the cheese into a pie pan (I used a ceramic one). In a bowl, beat the eggs. Pour eggs into the pie pan. Then, add spinach and onions. Also add in your onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir together and put in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment