Sunday, June 26, 2011

Creative Taco Salad for One!

Hello there, like I said in my previous post, I have been running out of meat and other things so I've been getting creative!

I made a yummy taco salad yesterday and here's my recipe for it:


Mandy's Taco Salad
  • 2 turkey or beef patties, chopped up to resemble ground meat*
  • Taco seasoning (as much as you prefer)
  • As much chopped iceberg lettuce as you want
  • Taco sauce (I'm a salsa verde girl)
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream
  • As much cheddar cheese as you feel like adding**
Directions: Heat up medium frying pan on medium heat, wait for it to get warm and then add your two patties. While they get soft as you cook them chop the patties up with your spatula. Cook the meat thoroughly. When meat is done cooking, switch to a new utensil to avoid contamination. Add a few tablespoons of water and the taco seasoning. Blend together and let it simmer, uncovered, for a few minutes.

Once meat is done cooking, add on top of the iceberg lettuce in a bowl, along with the rest of your ingredients! And enjoy!

Carb count depends on how much toppings you put on, mine generally is about 3 net carbs total :)

*Turkey meat is a lot leaner than beef and doesn't taste too bad with seasoning, or by itself for that matter.

**Don't forget to grate it.




No comments:

Post a Comment